This weekend seemed to drag on and on…ugh! J/k folks, j/k. But seriously, the way it worked out, I had a 5 day weekend. Let me explain, on Wednesday we didn’t have school, there was some business that was going down on our campus, therefore they had to close the school for a day (read: opiates, hot, hot sex, and money laundering). Oooh the drama. Then on Thursday I got all ready for school and wore my favorite pair of jeans, but when I got to school, I realized that it wasn’t a day that jeans were an acceptable thing to wear. It totally felt like I was invited to a costume party and got dressed up as the love child between Dolly Parton and Willie Nelson, but at the last minute there was no costume party, and I show up, looking like a pot smoking slut. Oh shit. Usually Thursday we can wear jeans, but this particular Thursday, NO JEANS! But I had my favorite pair of jeans on, and I was asked to leave. This made me angry. I drove home in a huff, said fuck at least 7 times, and almost hit a someone driving a PT Cruiser, just because I think that car sucks.
But on the bright side I got to get all snuggly in my comfy clothes and watch So You Think You Can Dance!!! Oh the joy! This was the first thing about my weekend that made me truly happy.
Here’s some other stuff that made me happy:
- My new Juicy track suit. Really I can’t have enough of these things.
- Going on a leisurely walk with my husband and baby.
- Drinking a Guinness with a shamrock in the foam.
- And finally seeing Sex and the City with a fabulous friend.
What made you guys happy this weekend??
So, I never got “tagged” to do a list about myself, but I never really wait for an invitation anyways, and I always love an opportunity to talk about myself…so please enjoy this list of 25 (actually it’s 26) things:
- I am most productive in the morning although I wouldn’t consider myself a morning person
- I don’t make weird faces when I put on mascara
- I don’t know common things that I should know, like: my license plate number, the difference between jam and jelly, my husband’s phone number, and how to spell
- I am frightfully self-aware. This is quite debilitating because I can’t be myself when I am constantly thinking how “myself” is appearing
- I aspire to be more adventurous, creative, loving, and witty
- I love eating and I love to cook and bake, but please don’t help. I completely fall apart when someone else is in the kitchen with me, and I become bossy and I’ll micro-manage you. I have control issues…
- I am a sucker for good music. I love to just turn on my iPod and melt into a song. Some of my very favorite music is, old Jason Mraz stuff, David Gray, Rocky Votoloto, Cold War Kids, Bright Eyes, Radiohead, Bjork, and Rachel Yamagata.
- I am severely selfish and I am working through that. Oh, and I’m a know-it-all, and that is soo annoying.
- I love luxury handbags, it is a curse, but I am NOT working through that–that one stays
- I love to write on my blog everyday. It is the most therapeutic thing I’ve ever done, because it forces me to be creative and unique…even if I’m only writing about cupcakes and my baby’s nap schedule
- One day I want to write a book, and I want you all to read it!
- I love going on walks, I can walk for hours and hours
- I always want to order dessert when I go out to a restaurant, ALWAYS. If I don’t get dessert, I feel like my meal was incomplete.
- I love talking one on one, this is when I feel conversation is most revealing, and honest. I’d rather be one on one than in a group setting. I love good conversation, and if there’s wine involved it makes everything better.
- My husband is my number one fan, and he inspires me everyday.
- I don’t like going to school every night, it tears me up to be away from my baby.
- I love beautiful things–and I love to find beauty in the ordinary
- One of my simple daily pleasures is sipping hot coffee in the morning while Berlyn is sleeping–if I don’t do that everyday, I don’t feel whole
- I love people who are transparent, and I strive to be that way too. If you’re not, then I probably don’t hang out with you, it’s nothing personal, I just don’t like you.
- I sing and dance everyday
- I would never consider myself a picky eater, I eat just about anything. But the foods that I don’t like, I dislike with vehemency. Such as pickles, crab legs, and asparagus–ick!
- One of my favorite people in the whole world, is my daughter. I love that I get to hang out with her, play with her, teach her, and watch her grow everyday of my life.
- Being efficient makes my heart happy. I prefer to do more than one thing at a time.
- I like to organize things (but you wouldn’t know it by looking at my house). When I was little, I used to dump all 92 of my Crayola Crayons and re-organize them every time I colored.
- I love animals, and I wish I could put a manatee in my bath tub