April 22, 2008
I have decided to partake in the Earth’s special day by taking some easy steps to conserve water and energy:
- I’m going to forgo a shower, and instead I’ll slather myself with eco-friendly hand sanitizer.
- I will not run the dishwasher, washing machine or vacuum. Nope. I won’t. This is my commitment to the Earth. I’m taking this day seriously, and that means I have to make drastic sacrifices…
- I will walk to the park with Berlyn. This one’s easy because I do it all the time, but to set today apart, I will be thinking about green stuff, like:
and the color of my eyes
- I’ll consider bringing a plant into our home to help purify the air. I’ve heard bamboo does that, and it’s semi-cute. It’s just that I’m not really all that good with plants, which means I tend to kill them. I had a basil plant in the backyard, and after 2 and a half weeks of fresh basil and neglect, I killed it.
- I’ll try to find and shop at a farmer’s market. The only problem with this is, there aren’t any nearby, so that means I have to drive out of my way. But I think it’s worth it.
What are you guys going to do? Here’s a website to give you helpful ideas.